Our Beginnings

The funeral home was founded by Ervin Miller Meadows in 1916 on Temple St. in Hinton, West Virginia. After moving to three other locations, he finally purchased property at 100 Park Ave. in 1940 where the funeral home currently is located. E.M. Meadows operated the funeral home until 1947.



Second Generation

E.M. Meadows' son, James "Jimmy" Meadows purchased the funeral home in 1947, and operated it until his death in 1974.



Dignified Service

The funeral home operated an ambulance service until 1973. Here is a view of the fleet and staff.



Pivont Purchases E.M. Funeral Home

Leon Ray Pivont II purchased the funeral home from the Meadows family in 1991. It was changed to "Pivont Funeral Home", however it has kept the same friendly traditional services as were provided by the Meadows family for so many years.



Pivont Funeral Home
100 Park Ave
Hinton, WV 25951
304-466-0026